Requirements & Guidelines for Listing a Product to Teak & Timber:
- Products must be the original work of the designer and proven so by providing an existing site or social channel or otherwise satisfactory evidence. If originality cannot be verified we won’t approve the item.
- Item must adhere to guidelines in Aesthetic, Production & Quality. Freestanding furniture only at this time, no small items or cabinetry/built-ins.
- Minimum of 8 high-quality photos that match photography guidelines, to include photographed with American hardwoods only (no exotics or softwood).
- Name the product.
- Overall Dimensions of the product. Including estimated product weight.
- Quality digital plans for each component of the build or an unlocked SketchUp file.
- Designer’s estimate of the price, or last sales price. Bill of materials needed. (Board footage, hardware, etc.)
- Must be a US Citizen or legally authorized to work in the US.
- Signed Designer Agreement.
- Completed W-9 Tax Form.
Benefits of listing an item:
- Name and location featured in the product detail page.
- A royalty every time someone other than the original designer builds the piece. See below for the tiered royalty model.
- Ability to remove any item from the site with 30 days advance notice.
Quick Start Incentive to get started, for the first 100 items only (by may 31st):
- List 2 or more pieces that are approved and live on the site: Receive $25 Per Piece Paid on May 31st, 2020.
- List 5 or more pieces that are approved and live on the site: Receive $30 Per Piece Paid on May 31st, 2020.
- List 10 or more pieces that are approved and live on the site: Receive $40 Per Piece Paid on May 31st, 2020.
- List 20 or more pieces that are approved and live on the site: Receive $50 Per Piece Paid on May 31st, 2020.
*Quick Start incentives cannot be stacked, maximum incentive is $1000 per designer.
Payments are made in each tier. Example: (5) total sales in a period would equal a royalty of 1% on (3) sales and 1.5% on (2) sales.
Tier is reset on per product basis 12 calendar months from the date the product is listed.
|Designer Royalty Structure|
|Number of sales||% Royalty of Net Revenue|
|Tier 1||3 or less||1.0%|
|Tier 2||4 – 10||1.5%|
Example Payment for Product:
3 Sales Royalty Total: $120
10 Sales Royalty Total: $330
20 Sales Royalty Total $730
30 Sales Royalty Total: $1230
40 Sales Royalty Total: $1830
- Payments are paid out on the last day of every quarter, or every time $250 in cumulative royalties are earned.
- Must agree to allow us to share products and product photos through all of our marketing channels, to include social media channels.
- Product must not be a substantial copy of an existing TnT product, management to have sole discretion on determining this.
- The current royalty structure is good for the calendar year 2020. New structure and terms to be released prior to the next calendar year and as needed going forward.
- Products can be removed at any time by TNT management for any reason. If a product is removed the royalty balance for that designer is paid out immediately.
- Products must be the original work of the designer and proven so by providing an existing site or social channel. If originality cannot be verified we won’t approve the item.
- All existing pieces in the Founder’s Collection will default to this agreement for the original builders, whether or not our team made the designs. However, the Founder’s Collection cannot be removed from the site. The royalty terms in this agreement will persist in perpetuity for the Founder’s Collection.